Kentucky may be known for their bourbon trail, but Louisville is quickly becoming a hotbed for breweries with more opening every year. With over a dozen to choose from, the beer scene downtown has never been hotter. Here are 5 of the top breweries in Louisville, Kentucky.
1. Goodwood Brewing Company – Sticking with its state’s traditions, Goodwood Brewing Company has taken to applying bourbon distilling techniques to their signature beers. By combining wood barrels and limestone water, they’ve created a line of beers like no other and with Taproom weekly specials you’ll be guzzling down Kentucky tradition all week long.
2. Bluegrass Brewing Company – One of the highlights of craft breweries is the variety and exclusivity of their beers. With seasonal and limited drafts, breweries become packed with patrons waiting to rekindle their relationship with past brews. BBC has turned this approach on its head by offering different draft selections at each of their three locations. This variety combined with a history going back to 1980 makes every visit to Bluegrass a little different than the last, and will keep you coming back to try them all.
3. Against the Grain Brewery & Smokehouse – Located inside the Louisville Bats Baseball Club, Against the Grain is a top notch destination whether you’re heading into the game or just looking for a cold one and a pulled pork sandwich. With a massive selection of beers available in bottles, you’ll be able to bring your favorite beer home or find that perfect gift for the beer lover in your life.
4. New Albanian Brewing Company – An offshoot of NABC’s Public House & Pizzeria, Bank Street Brewhouse brings a, “beer infused menu of a local food concept (EFC) with the pioneers of the local craft beer movement (NABC).” With a variety of seasonal and session beers and gluten-free options, New Albanian has become a staple of the area and popular watering hole for locals.
5. Great Flood Brewing Company – One of the latest additions to Louisville craft beer scene, this brewery was born out of the backyards of University of Louisville students looking to turn their passion for homebrewing into a profitable business. With 8 beers on draft and cheap growler fills from 4-6pm on the weekdays, Great Flood pays tribute to the breweries that inspired them with quality brews at prices even the brokest college students can afford.